On May 7th 2008 at 12.30 at Hua Hin Police Station Hua Hin Superintendent Pol.Col. Kasana Chaemsawang and Deputy Superintendent Pol.Lt.Col. Somsak Nuaeng-Aon have made a statement to local press that Commissioner of Provincial Police Region 7 Pol.Lt.Gen. Waraphong Chawapreecha has ordered Deputy Commissioner (suppression) Pol.Maj.Gen. Sophol Phisutwong, Commander of Prachuapkhirikhan Provincial Police Pol. Maj. Gen. Wirat Watcharakhachon, Hua Hin Superintendent Pol.Col. Kasana Chaemsawang, Deputy superintendent (suppression) Pol.Lt.Col. Withat Borirak, Deputy Superintendent (investigation) Pol.Lt.Col. Somsak Nuaeng-Aon, Inspector Pol.Lt.Col. Nadet& Tanti-Apha, Inspector Pol.Maj. Somkid Sathongsab and other Hua Hin Police Officers to take part operation to arrest criminals possessing weapons & explosives.
As a result of this operation number of criminals has been arrested:
1. Mr. Witsawakorn Ruangphueng, 40, residing at 22/9, Soi West Railway Village, Hua Hin, was arrested with a long shotgun containing 5 bullets, 6 bullets in a socket, a 11 mm.-pistol with its 37 bullets, 2 7.65 mm.-pistols with 37 bullets.
2. Mr. Eak Panya-Itthikul, 24, residing at 19, Moo 4, Namphu Sub district, Muang District, Ratchaburi Province, Mr. Manop Khoboot, 30, residing at 59, Moo 17, Nongrong Sub district, Phanomthuan District, Kanchanaburi Province, Mr. Boonlorm Ploysaeng, 33, residing at 6/2, Moo 8, Raobung Sub district, Chombung District, Ratchaburi Province, were all arrested with 11 mm.-pistols with 7 bullets, and 9 mm.-pistol with its 15 bullets, at Hua Hin area.
3. Mr. sangwan Maikaeo, 44, residing at 88/1, Moo3, Phadeng Sub district, Kaengkachan District, Phetchaburi Province, was arrested with a 11 mm.-pistol with 7 bullets.
4. Mr. Watthana Thippharat, 25, residing at 114/1, Moo 6, Kui Nuae Sub district, Kui Buri District, Prachuap Khirikhan Province, was arrested with a pistol with 3 bullets. He was accused of possessing a pistol and bullets without official permission.
5. Mr. Kriangkamol Sae-Lee, 30, residing at 83, Moo 6, Tab Tai, Hua Hin Prachuap Khirikhan, was arrested with a hand grenade. He was accused of possessing an explosive without permission.
Hua Hin Superintendent Pol.Col. Kasana Chaemsawang said that at the moment police officers have made several arrest in order to prevent unexpected event taking place during the election for Hua Hin Mayor which will take place on May 11, 2008.
Member of the press have asked about investigation progress in connection with an incident during which Mr. Sarote Seeluaengsawat was shot dead in front of Provincial Electricity Authority Office. The Superintendent has stated that this case may be connected to the gambling or debt business. It is expected that the case will be concluded and the police will issue the arrest warrant in May.
The arrest of people holding weapons & explosives indicates that there are plenty of strangers holding dangerous weapons and explosives in the hope of killing others around Hua Hin. The police officers taking part in this operation were congratulated by their commander.
Reported by Khun Tuck Dechapanya
The material featured in this article is subjet to copyright protection and is protected by the Copyright Laws. A copyrighted work may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or publicly displayed without the consent of the author or copyright owner. Any unauthorized use of this website or any of its contents, in whole or in part, shall be considered copyright infringement. It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright laws to the owner of this copyright. Khun Tuck Dechapanya does not give permision for any other websites and persons to copy or republish any part of this article.