The Research and Development Institute, Silpakorn University in collaboration with the Research Network of the Lower-Central Region of Thailand organized the “Silpakorn University Research Fair I” on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the birth of His Majesty the King Rama IX and the 65th anniversary of the founding of Silpakorn University. The conference was held on Thursday 22, November 2007 at the Silpa Pirasri Grand Meeting Room, Faculty of Decorative Art, Silpakorn University, Nakornpathom Campus. It was aimed at activating and promoting the atmosphere for carrying out research in the university as well as in the Lower-Central region of Thailand. The Target group is academic staff, students, communities and all who are interested in the research. Activities were as follow :
- 1. Plenary discussion on the 1+1+1 identity of Silpakorn University Research and Bangkok and its suburbs; the cultural area of Art and Applied Art Research.
- 2. Oral presentation in 8 seminar rooms with 71 topics.
- 3. Poster presentation of 74 topics
Both oral and poster presentations were categorized into 4 groups as follow :
- · Science and Applied Science.
- · Social Science and Humanities.
- · Art and Applied Art.
- · The Research Network of the Lower-Central Region of Thailand.
- 4. Exhibition of Academic research products from 13 faculties and 3 centres of Silpakorn University, the research network in the lower-central region of Thailand, other government institutions and the private sector.
- 5. Award presentation:
- · The winners of the motto and logo competition for the conference.
- · Best poster presentation.
The committee of Silpakorn University Research Fair are deeply grateful to the President of Silpakorn University Council, who presided over the conference. Many thanks are also extended to all who contributed their presentations to the conference, the peer reviewers, and the committee for poster presentations. Last but not least are all supporters, who kindly provided T-shirts, soft drinks, snacks and souvenirs for 500 attendants.
Website : Research and Development Institute, Silpakorn University (SURDI) http://www.surdi.su.ac.th
Website : Research Network of the Lower-Central Region of Thailand http://www.thaiwest.su.ac.th
Tel.0-3425-5808, 0-3421-9013, 0-3425-9686 Fax. 0-3421-9013
Reported by Khun Tuck Dechapanya
The material featured in this article is subjet to copyright protection and is protected by the Copyright Laws. A copyrighted work may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or publicly displayed without the consent of the author or copyright owner. Any unauthorized use of this website or any of its contents, in whole or in part, shall be considered copyright infringement. It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright laws to the owner of this copyright. Khun Tuck Dechapanya does not give permision for any other websites and persons to copy or republish any part of this article.